Daniel J. Welsh
Dan Welsh focuses his practice on the resolution of complex business disputes as well as on the representation of the interests of owners and developers of commercial real estate. Dan has particularly extensive experience in handling the unique and diverse operational issues that typically confront mature shopping centers. Irrespective of the issue, Dan employs a direct and highly practical approach that is designed to maximize the economic result for the client. As a result, Dan is trusted by owners and developers of all sizes to assist with matters that range from routine day-to-day problem solving to complex, high-stakes litigation.
Dan’s clients benefit from his unique experience in BOTH the transactional side of things as well as in litigation and dispute resolution. His experience as a seasoned litigator enables him to assist in structuring deals that are designed to avoid disputes, but also designed to withstand scrutiny in the event that a dispute is unavoidable. Likewise, in the unfortunate event that an owner/developer must resort to litigation for one reason or another, Dan’s unique perspective and experience at all levels enables him to maximize the chances for accomplishing cost-efficient and satisfying results.
In addition to his real estate and development practice, Dan spends quite a bit of time handling general complex commercial and business litigation, serving as attorney for trustee in complex bankruptcy matters and protecting the interests of the entrepreneurial, start-up client. In addition, Dan also represents the interests of select contractors and design professionals in all phases of their operations. Dan also represents several local lending institutions, and has an active sports and entertainment law practice. Dan is the co-head of the firm’s litigation department and a member of the firm’s management committee.
- Shopping Centers
- Real Estate Transactions
- Bankruptcy, Financial Restructuring and Debtor Creditor Rights
- Acquisitions, Sales, Corporate and Business Law
- Credit Unions
- Financial Institutions
- Probate and Trust Administration
- Sports Law
- Cannabis Law
- Miami of Ohio (B.A., 1997)
- St. Louis University School of Law (J.D., 2000)
- Eastern District of Missouri
- Western District of Missouri
- Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals
Professional Associations & Memberships
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- Urban Land Institute (ULI)
- Missouri Growth Association (MGA)
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis (BAMSL)
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Sports Lawyer’s Association (SLA)
- Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA)
- Rule 17 Mediator
Community & Civic Involvement
- Board Member, City of Ladue Zoning Board of Adjustment
- Volunteer Lawyer’s and Accountants for the Arts (VLAA)
Awards & Recognition
- Missouri Lawyers Weekly, Top Settlements in the State of Missouri, 2014. HCW Development Company, LLC v. Chicago Title Insurance Company, et. al. Cause Number 11SL-CC04364. Ranked the #3 settlement in the State of Missouri for the year 2014, with settlement valued at $91,500,000.
- Missouri Kansas Super Lawyers – Rising Star 2010, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Oct 9, 2017 SCW Attorneys Dan Welsh and Jill Rembusch Secure Summary Judgment In Favor of...
SCW attorneys Dan Welsh and Jill Rembusch secure Summary Judgment in favor of HCW Development Company, LLC in Branson Landing lawsuit.
- Dec 15, 2015 SCW Attorneys Named to 2015 Super Lawyers Ranking
SWC Attorneys Bonnie Clair, David Sosne and William Hobson named Super Lawyers; Daniel Welsh named Rising Star
- Dec 7, 2015 Dan Welsh appointed to the City of Ladue Zoning Board of Adjustment.
Dan Welsh appointed to the City of Ladue Zoning Board of Adjustment.
- Nov 9, 2015 Dan Welsh appointed to Sports Lawyers Association delegation to Cuba
Dan Welsh appointed as a delegate in the first ever Sports Lawyers Association delegation to Cuba.
- Mar 31, 2015 SCW Attorneys Secure Settlement in Richmond Heights Lawsuit
Jill Rembusch, Dan Welsh and Steve Hiotis secured settlement of a lawsuit brought by the City of Richmond Heights against Michelson Commercial Realty and Development.
- Feb 5, 2015 Dan Welsh and Jill Rembusch Secure Judgment on Behalf of Branson Landing Tenants
SCW attorneys Dan Welsh and Jill Rembusch secure Judgment in the Western District of Missouri on behalf of Branson Landing tenants.
- Jan 30, 2015 SCW Attorneys Honored at Missouri Lawyers Weekly Banquet
SCW attorneys Dan Welsh, Jill Rembusch and Steve Hiotis were honored at Missouri Lawyers Weekly's Annual Banquet.
- Jan 14, 2015 Dan Welsh Discusses Minor League Baseball Lawsuit
SCW attorney Dan Welsh discusses minor league baseball fair wage lawsuit in Riverfront Times Article.
- Dec 1, 2014 Dan Welsh and Jill Rembusch Secure Third Largest Settlement in Missouri
Settlement secured by SCW attorneys Dan Welsh and Jill Rembusch named the third largest settlement in the state of Missouri.
- Aug 25, 2014 Dan Welsh and Jill Rembusch Secure Global Settlement of Branson Landing
SCW attorneys Dan Welsh and Jill Rembusch secure global settlement of Branson Landing land title dispute.
- Jul 2, 2014 Dan Welsh and Jill Rembusch Secure Judgment in Favor of HCW Development Company
SCW attorneys Dan Welsh and Jill Rembusch secure Judgment in the Western District of Missouri in favor of HCW Development Company.
- Mar 5, 2014 Dan Welsh and Jill Rembusch Secure Summary Judgment in Favor of HCW Development...
Attorneys Dan Welsh and Jill Rembusch serve Summary Judgement in favor of HCW Development Company, LLC and against the City of Branson.