- Acquisitions and Business Services
- Bankruptcy, Financial Restructuring and Debtor Creditor
- Capital Markets and Securities
- Development and Real Property Transactions
- Domestic Relations
- Education and School Law
- Employee Benefits
- Employment Law
- Estate Planning and Wealth Management
- Financial Institutions
- Income Tax Planning, Compliance and Dispute Resolution
- Intellectual Property and Technology
Estate Planning and Wealth Management
This area of the firm’s practice focuses on serving the needs of families and private business owners as they relate to:
• Estate planning, including the preparation of sophisticated trusts and wills tailored to each client and family situation, in conjunction with recommending strategies to minimize taxes on the transfer of wealth, maintain family harmony, preserve and protect the family legacy, and achieve other financial and non-financial objectives.
• Business succession planning, including the establishment of buy-sell arrangements among the owners of closely held businesses, structuring the transfer of ownership among family members, and advising clients about the many business, tax, and other issues encountered in business succession.
• Charitable planning, including the formation of specialized trusts and nonprofit corporations to assist clients in achieving their charitable goals.
• Asset protection planning, including the development and implementation of innovative strategies for wealth preservation.