Stephen C. Hiotis
Stephen Hiotis has extensive experience in the administration of probate estates and trusts, as well as fiduciary litigation. Mr. Hiotis is actively involved in estate planning for clients, including trusts, wills, powers of attorney and fiduciary tax matters.
Steve also focuses on civil litigation matters in state and federal court, including corporate and business transactions, bankruptcy and creditor rights, condemnation, real property and landlord-tenant. He has also briefed and argued numerous appeals in state and federal appellate courts. Mr. Hiotis was a member of the Saint Louis University Law Journal editorial board and served as law clerk for the late Honorable Robert G. Dowd, Missouri Court of Appeals, Eastern District.
In addition, Steve's practice areas include assisting individuals and businesses in all aspects of corporate and business law, real estate, employment and he has extensive experience with non-profit entities.
- Bankruptcy, Financial Restructuring and Debtor Creditor Rights
- Education and School Law
- Estate Planning and Wealth Management
- Probate and Trust Administration
- Saint Louis University School of Law (J.D. 1980)
- University of Miami (B.B.A. 1977)
- Missouri, 1980
- State of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
- Eighth Circuit and Ninth Circuit U. S. Courts of Appeal
Professional Associations & Memberships
- The Missouri Bar
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- May 6, 2016 Steve Hiotis and Brian LaFlamme Secure $1.6M Settlement against the FDIC
Steve Hiotis and Brian LaFlamme secured a $1.6 million settlement on behalf of the United States Bankruptcy Trustee for a defunct bank in litigation against the FDIC involving entitlement to various tax refunds.
- Mar 31, 2015 SCW Attorneys Secure Settlement in Richmond Heights Lawsuit
Jill Rembusch, Dan Welsh and Steve Hiotis secured settlement of a lawsuit brought by the City of Richmond Heights against Michelson Commercial Realty and Development.
- Jan 30, 2015 SCW Attorneys Honored at Missouri Lawyers Weekly Banquet
SCW attorneys Dan Welsh, Jill Rembusch and Steve Hiotis were honored at Missouri Lawyers Weekly's Annual Banquet.
- May 21, 2014 Dick Ulrich, Steve Hiotis and Jill Rembusch Bring Suit on Behalf of the Normandy...
Attorneys Dick Ulrich, Steve Hiotis and Jill Rembusch bring suit on behalf of the Normandy School District to challenge the validity of school transfer law.