Seth A. Albin focuses his practice on the areas of Bankruptcy, including representing individuals and businesses, Creditor's Rights, Family Law, including all aspects of divorce and adoption, including child custody, child support, maintenance, spousal support, and modifications, Enforcement and Collection of Judgments including replevin, garnishments and executions, Secured Transactions, Arbitration, Litigation, and Municipal Law.
Before joining Summers Compton Wells, Seth worked at one of the largest law firms in St. Louis and served as in-house counsel for a commercial lender. He has represented secured and unsecured creditors and debtors in all aspects of the debtor-creditor relationship, including work outs, debt restructuring bankruptcy, litigation and receiverships. Seth has participated in over 100 arbitrations and counseled clients on arbitration clauses in commercial contracts.
Seth currently serves as a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Panel Trustee, a Chapter 12 Bankruptcy Panel Trustee and a Subchapter V Trustee for the Eastern District of Missouri as well as a panel arbitrator for United States Arbitration and Mediation. Seth has served as a Receiver, Special Master and as a Guardian Ad Litem in civil and domestic cases. Seth also volunteers for the St. Louis County Domestic Violence Court as a Special Prosecutor.
Seth has lectured on topics such as the intersection of Bankruptcy and Family Law, Adoption, Enforcement and Collection of Judgments, Revised Article 9 of the Uniform Commercial Code and Arbitration Clauses in Commercial Transactions and is the co-author of Chapter 4 of the Missouri Bar Bankruptcy Practice Deskbook.
- Washington University School of Law (J.D. 1997)
- University of Michigan – Ann Arbor (B.A. 1994)
- Missouri, 1997
- Illinois, 1998
- Western District of Missouri
- Eastern District of Missouri
- Central District of Illinois
- Northern District of Missouri
Professional Associations & Memberships
- The Missouri Bar
- Missouri Bar Family Law Section
- Illinois Bar Association
- The Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis - President (2015-2016)
- St. Louis County Bar Association
- St. Charles County Bar
- Phelps County Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees
- American Bar Association
Awards & Recognition
- Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers® 2012 "Rising Star."
- Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers® 2015 - 2020
- Handling Secured Transactions Under Revised Article 9 - American Bar Association Young Lawyers' Conference
- Commercial Real Estate Purchases (Arbitration Clauses) - The Seminar Group
- Judgment Enforcement in Missouri, Lorman Educational Services, Bankruptcy Issues in Complex Commercial Cases - National Judicial College
- Bankruptcy Issues in Commercial Cases - Missouri Trial Judge Education Committee
- Bankruptcy Issues for General Practitioner - Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Name Changes and Adoption - Missouri Bar
- Bankruptcy and Family Law - Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Chapter 4 -, Discharge and Dischargeability (Co-Author), Missouri Bar Deskbook – Bankruptcy Practice, Second Edition (Dec 2007), Supplement (May 2010)
Community & Civic Involvement
Over the years, Seth has served on boards and committees of numerous not-for-profit organizations, including Jewish Family and Children's Services, Congregation B'nai Amoona, the Jewish Community Center and Washington University. Seth is a member of the Rolla Chamber of Commerce and the St. Louis Curling Club where he serves on the building committee.